The Queenslander Prospect is centred around the old Queenslander Mine which is approximately 2km south-west of the township pf Sofala in central NSW. Sofala is about 260km north-west of Sydney and can be accessed by the Great Western Highway.
The Mine was first discovered in 1888 and worked until 1935 on a small scale. Total tonnage mined was in excises of 7,011t producing 3,696 oz Au averaging 6 g/t Gold. Currently within the tenement, access is restricted to four-wheel drive tracks.
Untested magnetic linear structure striking over 700m in length – potentially hosting gold mineralisation.
1. MinRex’s maiden first pass drill program over the Queenslander Prospect has intersected thick high-grade gold mineralisation including 23m @ 5.08g/t Au.
2. These are the first 7 holes drilled by the Company proximal to the historic Queenslander Gold Mine which produced 3,696 ounces Au.
3. The Company is very encouraged by the initial scout drilling conducted and about the potential for high grade extensions to the old mine; with more work programmes now planned to follow.
4. Gold mineralisation extending +350m in strike with gold loads open mainly in a northwest-south direction.
5. Significant drill assays include:
– Drill Hole MQRC 2 – 10m @ 4.74g/t Au from 69m, inc 7m @ 6.59g/t Au from 72m, inc 3m @ 11.86g/t Au from 73m
– Drill Hole MQRC 3 – 2m @ 3.08g/t Au from 89m
– Drill Hole MQRC 6 – 4m @ 3.51g/t Au from 64m
– Drill Hole MQRC 7 – 23m @ 5.08g/t Au from 64m, inc 3m @ 9.11g/t Au from 71m, inc 11m @ 5.61g/t Au from 76m, inc 4m @ 9.28g/t Au from 83m
The Surface Hill prospect is located 3.5 km. NNE of Wattle Flat and had been a centre for small scale mining during the 1800’s and 1900’s (11,250 ounces recorded production) with several small pits and a small driven into the hill.